Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Equity Plan Administrator
UFG Insurance is looking for an experienced Equity Plan Administrator to administer our equity program and ensure that all equity transactions are processed and recorded accurately. You will serve as our functional expert in all matters related to stock administration, and will be charged with ensuring that participants are educated and informed about our equity program and processes. We’re looking for a creative and knowledgeable individual to join us and partner with stakeholders in human resources, accounting and legal.
- Ensure all participant equity plan transactions (grants, exercises, releases, forfeitures, etc.) are correctly processed and settled in a timely manner
- Maintain data in our equity award database (Solium Shareworks)
- Work closely with legal, finance and accounting staff to address any issues or changes to the equity plans and related administration processes
- Act as an equity administration resource to participants and internal and external business partners, providing them with complete and accurate information, answering employee questions and resolving problems regarding equity programs
- Maintain an employee education program for the equity plan
- Work closely with finance and accounting staff for accurate reporting
- Work with legal and finance to administer Insider Trading Policy, trading windows and pre-clearance
- Communicate regularly with payroll to ensure proper tax withholding, accounting and compliance
- Perform routine audits to ensure that all data (grants, exercises, releases, forfeitures, etc.) have been processed timely and correctly
- Work with internal audit to maintain internal controls (including SOX) and manage compliance requirements
- Ensure completion of equity plan projects and activities, and manage day-to-day equity activities
- Reconcile shares related to equity plan transactions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including audit of plan reserve balances
- Generate reports as needed for audit, tax and legal filings (including all aspects of financial reporting as it relates to equity plans, i.e. 10Q, 10K and annual proxy)
- Assist with quarterly preparation of all stock compensation-related disclosures and with various ad-hoc reporting/analysis equity related projects
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation, preferred
- 3+ years of equity administration experience, preferred
- Proficiency with equity administration software (Solium Shareworks)
- Broad knowledge of compensation plan design
- Strong knowledge of accounting, tax and legal requirements of equity plans.
- Strong Excel, Word and Database software skills
- Knowledge of Section 16 (Forms 3, 4, and 5) filings, 10b5-1 Plans a plus
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to interact and build relationships with key business partners and high-level management
- Highly developed audit and compliance skills
- High level of proficiency with equity and/or spreadsheet software
- Knowledge of regulations and accounting standards applicable to compensation programs
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)