Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Product Development Analyst
UFG Insurance offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2016 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for the past three consecutive years. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Most important, UFG can offer you a work environment where you can easily see yourself in the big picture from day one. You become part of a successful team that works together to do great things. In addition, we believe in supporting our employees by providing a great benefits plan and allowing our people to develop flexible work hours that align with their personal schedule.
JOB SUMMARY: As a Product Development Analyst you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. Here is what you’ll be doing on a daily basis: Research and develop new and enhanced products. Develop data, exhibits and content for filings and releases. Create business specifications for automation projects when required. Coordinate the development of marketing materials, employee/agent training and other implementation activities as needed. Proactively monitor competitor and bureau product filings to ensure United Fire Group products are well positioned in the marketplace.
- Research and develop new and enhanced products
- Proactively monitor competitor and bureau product filings to keep products well positioned in the marketplace
- Develop data, exhibits and content for filings and releases
- Create business specifications for automation projects when required
- Coordinate the development of marketing materials, employee/agent training and other implementation activities as needed
- Coordinate rate, form and parameter code entry in processing systems with the Automation Support Technicians
- Status Reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular attendance
- Extensive knowledge of coverage forms, endorsements, rules and rating procedures for designated lines of business.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good math ability including basic statistics.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office, especially Excel formulas and importing/exporting of data.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Ability to work independently as well collaboratively with other departments.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and objectives to meet deliverables.
- Innovative and creative.
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)