Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
UFG can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2016 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on the Forbes’ America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for a third year in a row. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
As a marketing representative you will be working with an awarded Top Workplace. Here is what you’ll be doing on a daily basis: generate profitable production from the assigned territory by promoting products to existing agencies, prospect, develop and appointing new agencies. In addition, foster, assist and promote company staff and agency personnel relationships. The territory includes the states of Tennessee and Alabama. The ideal candidate would be located in Nashville.
- Call on prospective agencies, investigate to determine acceptability and appoint new agencies within the State Marketing Plan. Promote growth and manage agencies in territory.
- Choose site and timing of agency meetings. Work with team on topics to be covered.
- Assist in scheduling Agency Advisory Board meetings, choosing the members, determining the agenda and planning the meetings. Conduct Agency Reviews.
- Visit with agencies on past due accounts. Work with agencies to ensure they maintain a current pay status.
- Keep apprised of what the competition is doing and disseminate information. Gather materials that other companies use. Assist underwriting in developing products that we can use to compete with, meet or beat the competition.
- Review territory and schedule route where necessary. Schedule appointments. Report on agency visits. Answer correspondence from company and agencies. Pre-plan for agency calls.
- Serve as liaison between company and agency to resolve problems and promote a positive working relationship. Monitor agency performance to recognize problems and recommend solutions.
- Inspect and evaluate prospective risks for agents. Underwrite, rate and quote when requested (field underwriting). Make sales calls with agents to explain and promote products.
- Present personal lines, surety and life products that United Life has to offer.
- Maintain a current driver’s license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Three-five years of property/casualty insurance or insurance related experience
- Carrier marketing experience preferred
- Knowledge of insurance, underwriting, rating coverages and contracts, written and oral communication skills, human relations skills, general knowledge of other department functions within an insurance company including billing
- Presentation and negotiation skills necessary.
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written
An outstanding candidate will be able to:
- Build, maintain strong relationships with the agents
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Visit insured’s and potential insured’s place of business
- Assist agents in placing commercial accounts
- Make regularly scheduled agency calls
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)