Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Regional Production Underwriter - Field
UFG Insurance can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2016 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on Forbes’ "America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for the third year in a row. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
Most important, UFG can offer you a work environment where you can easily see yourself in the big picture from day one. You become part of a successful team that works together to do great things. In addition, we believe in supporting our employees by providing a great benefits plan and allowing our people to develop flexible work hours that align with their personal schedule.
As a regional production underwriter you will be working at an awarded Top Workplace. Here is how you will spend your days: Putting your underwriting and marketing skills sets into daily practice within the insurance realm. You will use your analytical skills to write profitable business within our underwriting parameters. Your marketing skills will assist you to build strong relationships with agency personnel and provide excellent customer service. You can plan to travel an average of three to nine days per quarter to visit assigned agencies. We believe in a team environment; you will have regular contact with marketing representatives, fellow underwriters, raters and loss control colleagues. In addition, your leadership skills will be used to mentor associate underwriters as assigned.
- Evaluate insurance coverages and risks
- Review applications, endorsement requests and renewals for requested limits and coverages
- Price the risk and secure its proper class
- Work with marketing to monitor production and loss ratio for each assigned agency
- Regularly visit agents to maintain strong relationships and market products and services
- Provide guidance and coaching to other underwriters
- Submit call reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Must have or be working toward your AU, CIC or CPCU designation
- Five to seven years commercial lines underwriting experience, with risk evaluation skills and solid insurance contract knowledge
- Strong analytical thinking
ATTIBUTES WE SEEK:
- Good memory retention levels for detailed work
- Ability to handle large workload and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Promote a positive and professional image and develop productive relationships
- Demonstrate an open-minded, collaborative work style
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)