Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Claims Representative, Sr. - Inside (Construction Defect)
We are searching for an energetic and experienced Construction Defect adjuster who is an expert at analyzing and investigating Claims from first report through conclusion. In this stimulating role, you will be able to show off your superior coverage analysis skills and command of insurance policies covering general liability. The right claims representative will be passionate about sharing their expertise and collaborating with co-workers to achieve strong results for the overall success of the team. An important component will also be your partnership with both internal and external legal counsel as necessary. You may also be called upon to represent the Company at off-site mediation, arbitrations and trials. Local travel will be occasional and you will have use of our company fleet vehicles for these excursions.
- Be an expert at interpreting contract to determine coverage
- Have the skill set to successfully evaluate, analyze and negotiate claims based on liability, coverage and damages
- Possess proficient working knowledge of applicable laws, policy coverage and damage evaluation procedures
- Understand the elements of contractual law
- Understanding of litigation and assist in the process
- Have, or willingness to work towards, AIC, SCLA or Legal Principal’s, CPCU and/or any other insurance courses and designations that may apply
Preferred to have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in adjusting construction defect claims.
- Multi-line experience a plus
- A four year college degree from an accredited college or university is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
Attributes We Seek:
- Strong computer skills including successfully mastering new systems quickly and utilizing multiple applications with ease
- Promote a positive image and develop productive internal and external relationships
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to navigate complex situations
- A champion at making informed, confident decisions in a timely manner
- Execute successful planning and time management techniques
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Demonstrate an open-minded, team-oriented, and collaborative work style through exceptional interpersonal skills
- Have a flexible mindset and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Be open to unexpected discovery and able to assess the best strategic approach to execute
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)