Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Litigation Claims Representative
UFG Insurance is seeking a litigation claims representative to coordinate the resolution of assigned claims involving litigation for our Gulf Coast Branch located in Webster, Texas. The inclumbent will investigate, negotiate and through settlement or denial resolve complex litigated claims. The individual in this position will also ensure claims are processed within company policies, procedures, and prescribed authority with exceptional standards of performance.
- Investigate litigated claims through telephone, written correspondence, and/or personal contact with claimants, attorneys, insureds, witnesses and others having pertinent information.
- Analyze information, including depositions, expert reports, attorney evaluations, and medical reports, gained from discovery during litigation in order to evaluate assigned claims to determine the extent of loss.
- Assign medical or other experts to case and arrange for medical examinations.
- Process incoming calls and correspondence from insureds, claimants and agents regarding questions or problems associated with claims.
- Interact with underwriters and agents on claim resolution.
- Evaluate, negotiate and settle litigated claims within delegated authority.
Actively pursue subrogation claims with the insurance carrier or uninsured wrongdoer to recover funds due to the company and insured. Partner with subrogation unit on more complicated files.
- Receive and approve expenses incurred to investigate, process, and handle a claim.
- Prepare for and participate in claims review and settlement conferences or other company sponsored educational programs to develop and maintain knowledge of products, procedures and industry trends.
- Other duties as assigned
- Four year college degree
- Three years of P&C insurance claims expereince, required
- Three years of claims litigation expereince preferred
- Appropriate state licensing laws required
- AIC, SCLA, CCLA, CPCU peferred
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ablility to multi-task, prioritize and organize with limited supervision
- Ablity to manage conflict and communicate difficult messages
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)