Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Database & Application Development Intern
UFG is seeking a database & application development intern for the summer of 2017. In this internship you will gain experience in a corporate environment and learn how an insurance carrier operates. The development intern will be tasked with various database development activities Each day you’ll be developing business solutions with a creative team of developers and project managers in a fast-paced environment. The intern will have the opportunity to learn and apply skills in a variety of technologies and projects.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of database structures for assigned systems to meet business needs
- Performs fundamental tasks related to the design, construction, monitoring, and maintenance of Microsoft SQL databases
- Develop database solutions using latest technologies
- Work with database administrator to provide technical assessment, solution proposal, and development support.
- Assist application and development teams with database support
- Create and update documentation for database infrastructure
- Develop understanding of the basic functions in a property and casualty insurance company
- Development of functionality on initiatives that support corporate goals
- Conduct appropriate testing to identify and resolve issues
- Work closely with assigned database team and other team members
- Research and resolve problems, determining the root cause (code, operator, data entry error, etc)
- Develop learning plan with supervisor to coordinate your goals with UFG
- Current student pursuing a degree in computer science, programming or related field
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge of SQL database development tools and technology
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Powershell experience helpful
- C# experience a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Motivated self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Creative and resourceful
- Possess ability to communicate clearly with project team
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)