Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Regional Strategic Planning Analyst
Review, evaluate and recommend rates, rules and forms to facilitate the development of UFG products specific to the needs of the regional office. Serve as the technical resource for the various lines of business written by the region and provide production and loss analysis for those lines as needed. Provide advice on regulatory, legislative and governmental issues.
- Coordinate rate reviews and recommendations by state, territory and line of business.
- Assist in developing a competitive advantage by performing rate and program comparison analysis of UFG and its competitors, including a competitor analysis to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of current and potential competitors.
- Provide recommendations to improve current and create new UFG specific forms, endorsements and coverage enhancements that will allow for the profitable production of business in line with the regional underwriting and marketing philosophy.
- Interact with state departments of insurance as needed.
Organize the research, analysis, development and implementation of class specific programs to improve our market penetration in the states we serve.
- Coordinate regional input into Home Office product development.
Provide premium and loss analysis as requested on lines of business to identify trends, loss drivers and risk characteristics that will enable the implementation of proactive or corrective action plans.
Work with reinsurers to monitor our catastrophe exposure through the analysis of various reports, models, etc.
Aid in the development of regional marketing and underwriting plans that mitigate our exposure to CAT losses.
- Provide post loss analysis of book of business following a CAT event.
Monitor regulatory and governmental issues and proposed legislation affecting the insurance industry.
- Interaction with industry trade associations and lobbying groups.
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Applicable work experience includes positions such as underwriter, claims adjuster, actuary or marketing representative.
At least 5 years underwriting, marketing and/or claims experience with a property and casualty insurance company.
Active participation in insurance industry education programs. One or more industry designations are desired: CPCU, AU, ARM, CIC, CRIS and ARE.
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)