Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Senior Commercial Lines Underwriter
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2015 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for both 2014 and 2015. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. This opportunity will be based out of our Westminster, CO office.
- Obtain and manage a book of business
- Evaluate insurance coverages
- Review applications, endorsement requests and renewals for requested limits and coverages
- Price the risk and secure its proper class
- Negotiate with agents and customer service technicians to develop a saleable product without adverse selection to the company
- Regularly visit agents to maintain strong relationships and market products and services
- Provide guidance and coaching to other underwriters
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Must have or be working toward your AU, CIC or CPCU designation
- Five years commercial lines underwriting experience, with risk evaluation skills and solid insurance contract knowledge
- Strong analytical thinking
- Strong communication, leadership and negotiating skills
- Strong planning and organization skills with the ability to multi-task; and a willingness to accept challenges and take appropriate risks
- Good memory retention levels for detailed work
- Ability to handle large workload and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Promote a positive and professional image and develop productive relationships
- Demonstrate an open-minded, collaborative work style
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)