Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Quality Assurance Manager
UFG is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to report directly to the Director of PMO. This hands on position will provide leadership and technical guidance to a team of quality assurance analysts staff in the analysis, design, testing and deployment of UFG applications.
This individual will provide leadership to evolve quality assurance processes and procedures that are designed to improve testing efficiency without sacrificing testing quality.
This position requires good understanding of the software development life-cycle, experience with a variety of testing techniques, strong written and organizational skills and networking experience. The QA Manager will develop and execute an organized test plan to release high quality products to business units and other stakeholders on schedule.
- Ensure delivery on quality assurance strategies and goals.
- Seek out and implement process improvements to improve efficiency while balancing production stability, quality time-to-market
Partner with the other QA Manager(s), Program Managers, and IT Team Leads to implement and support automated testing tools by building or purchasing automated testing tools.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships with Program Managers and IT Team Leads to determine resource alignment to support new projects.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to understand product vision and requirements.
- Mentor and lead a team of quality assurance analysts to ensure the highest quality product delivery.
- Ensure all code released to production meets or exceeds pre-defined quality standards.
- Test projects by reviewing business requirements and functional specifications, write test plans, detailed test cases and execute test scripts for large, high impact projects.
- Four-year college degree in business or related discipline.
- 5 to 10 years of quality assurance experience.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- 5 years of insurance experience preferred.
- Insurance coursework or designations in any of the following areas: General Insurance, Associate in Personal Insurance, Associate in Commercial Underwriting, Associate in Automation Information Technology or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter or any of the Life Office Management Association (LOMA) classes or designations.
- Certified or working toward a software testing certificate (e.g., CSTE).Employees are expected to participate in insurance classes, software testing certifications, and/or in-house training programs throughout their careers.
- Thorough knowledge of our project management principles and practices (ProMOTE), as well as our system development life cycle.
- Expanded knowledge of insurance operations.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to convert requirements into test plans and matrices.
- Understanding of our corporate strategies and the operational issues of our business units.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many disciplines and with varying degrees of business and technical experience.
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage multiple priorities and work under deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word and Excel.
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)