Whether you are a recent college graduate or an experienced industry professional, we’re confident that you’ll find your desired career path within UFG. So, take the next step and apply for a position today.
Senior Application Developer
- Develop new applications and update and maintain current applications.
- Consult with project managers, team members and users to identify current operating procedures and clarify project objectives.
- Design and write new or modify existing applications based on specifications developed by project manager and business analysts.
- Mentor, coach and provide technical advice to junior developers as needed for maintenance and enhancement of existing applications.
- Stay current in in field through company provided and personal continuing technical education and development community involvement
- Develop and document programming standards for all developers and team members.
- Develop tools, programs and techniques that improve the development and implementation process.
- Contribute to the thought leadership of the development team by working with other senior team members to shape the team’s roadmap for the future.
- Conduct testing by developing test data by following test plans to ensure programs meet standards and specification.
- Assist with project/system releases.
- Research errors to determine root cause and take appropriate steps to correct errors.
- Properly document development progress with project tracking system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 year college degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or another technical field
- Experience in designing multi-tiered architectures and breaking out functionality into discrete reusable components
- Current participation in insurance, computer science or general business education
- Insurance experience a plus
- Strong application and web programming skills.
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Excellent understanding of Application Architecture
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work well with people from many disciplines and with varying degrees of business and technical experience
- Ability to be self-directed and to take initiative in defining and completing project deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to describe complex, highly-technical issues using simple, clear and precise language
- Excellent analytical skills; strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage multiple priorities and work under deadlines
- Employees are expected to actively participate in insurance classes, programming coursework or in-house training programs throughout their careers.
Connect With UsJoin our talent network and receive UFG job alerts
If we don’t currently have any job openings that interest you or match your skill set, we encourage you to connect with us to receive updates on job openings and recruiting events at UFG.
Equal Opportunity Employer
UFG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran or any other protected status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the nature of your request. Only inquires for an accommodation will be responded to. For more information on rights protecting job applicants, click here: Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
To maintain integrity in our hiring process, UFG voluntarily participates in E-Verify. Click here for more information: E-Verify (English) E-Verify (Español)